Check out my Closet for Stampin' Supplies & Retired Stampin' Up! Sets For Sale.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Grad Nite 2011

So my daughter is graduating and with less than a month of High School to go, I have been so busy that I was happy to be able to make these little mementos for her and a few dear friends. They will be spending Thursday evening at Disneyland for "GRAD NITE" So I thought I could make some autograph/memory books for them. There outside front covers are all the same but I used different paper for the inside and back covers to try and personalize them a bit for each person. Now for this project I did use my BELOVED Cricut BUT after using the "BIG SHOT" I have to admit it was A LOT SLOWER It took me FOREVER because I had to cut each 6" Head SEPARATELY YUCK. If Only the Big SHOT had Disney Dies It would be a match made in heaven. lol


 
Materials Used

I used my trusty Cricut Expression, Mickey and Friends & Wild Card Cartridges
I used SU Basic Black Paper and Other Paper I had in my arsenal :)
I started with cardboard I have been hoarding here and there and cut 2 6" Mickey heads out of Cardboard/Chipboard and used these for the front and back cover.
I also cut 6" Mickey Hats for the back covers. I used SU retired set tag alphabet to emboss the "2011" and "nite" and used retired set Great Grads for the Grad in front. I cut 6 6" Mickey heads in white for the autograph pages and still need to add a little more embellishments to them. I then punched holes through the whole book with my ever faithful Crop-A-Dial and held them together with a 2 1" ring binders. I did use the Wild Card Cartridge for the cap which was cut out at 3 1/2", I then embossed them using versamark and green tinsel embossing powder.I made the little green mickey heads by embossing a green sheet of paper with the green tinsel embossing powder and then just used a punch I had.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...