Check out my Closet for Stampin' Supplies & Retired Stampin' Up! Sets For Sale.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Buckle Card Tutorial

I was asked for a tutorial on the buckle card, 
I posted a few days ago so, I thought what the heck,
I did not create this card from scratch, I got the idea from SCS about 4 years ago.   
Here is my version and I hope you can understand it 
and I hope it inspires you to create one of your own.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
First you need 3 pieces of paper of coordinating colors
Card Base                  5 1/2 in. x 8 1/2 in
Belt                               1 5/8 in. x 4 in.
Inside Card Piece       4 in. x 5 1/4 in.  
&  SU! Word Window Punch (119857)



Then you will need to score the card base at 4 1/4 in. and fold in half,
then score the belt piece at 1 in. and fold over, you will use this piece to attach the belt to the card.


At this point you would emboss the belt piece if you would like it to look like mine,
  I used SU! Flower Garden Embossing folder with the Big Shot.
You can also use a corner rounder on the 3" portion of the belt that you are able to see and use to close the card.

Then place the word window punch as far as it will go

 Now you can decorate the front flap & add whatever border you want.
I used the scallop edge border punch on the front flap of the card.
If you choose not to use a border and the belt isn't sitting flat,
you can take your cutter and remove a sliver or up to 1/2'' to have your 
inside card piece show. I myself sometimes like to write novels in my cards 
and don't like my writing to show so keep that in mind the more you cut the less covered 
space you will have for a sentiment.


I add snail to the 1'' scored portion on the right side of the paper



I then fold the card over and place the belt in the buckle(word window punch slot).
and align the 1'' section to the inside of the card,
so it will close up nicely and everything is straight.


and press it down so it is secure,


at this point you will want to decorate the inside card piece before you place it inside



You can now place the inside card piece to cover the 1 in. belt piece and add whatever embellishment's and sentiments you like.

I made my own DSP with the Fabulous Florets Stamp Set and used that as my top accent piece, I then added a piece of pumpkin pie ribbon and and then attached it to the front of the card.
I then cut out the two flower images with my SU! paper snips and added some color to the flowers with SU! sponge daubers,then added a stampin' dimensional and the front of the card was finished.




 Voila !
My second Tutorial Done and I hope it inspires you to Create something Fabulous!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...