Check out my Closet for Stampin' Supplies & Retired Stampin' Up! Sets For Sale.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Designer Series Paper ... Well Almost Tutorial

So for those of you that are following me and my crafting antics,
You know I am trying to use what I have before going out and buying more.
I thought, I would show you a fun way to make your own Designer Series Paper (DSP)

I did not come up with this and have been using this idea for over 5 years. and for some of you, 
you will see it and think been there done that but sometimes it's fun to bring back something old.
 


You need 3 items to get you started:

A Favorite Stamp Set
3 Ink Pads 
A Piece of Card Stock 8 1/2 x 11 or 12x12


For this tutorial, I am using SU! fabulous Florets Stamp Set
Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo & Tangerine Tango Ink Pads
& I am using SU! Whisper White Paper. 
In my opinion to date I have found no comparison to SU! Whisper White Paper.
 Your stamped image comes out crisp and the ink color's come out very rich.


So to begin I used daffodil delight on my first image, I like to begin with the darkest 
or in this case the boldest stamp first,
because you can always add but you cant take away.
I also make sure to turn my stamp so my images are facing in every direction.
So when you go to cut your paper to add to your projects.
It wont matter how you cut the sheet up because in any direction there will always be an image facing
right-side up.



I then used Melon Mambo with my second image.
filling in the spaces and remembering to turn my stamp.


I then used my 3rd image in Tangerine Tango,
at this point it is a matter of preference.
You can keep stamping so that very little of your base card stock is showing or leave a little more space and when you cut the sheet up to use you can always add a stamp here or there to fill it in.

I choose to go back over my sheet with my last image in daffodil delight.


Voila! your done.

Here is how, I used my DSP
 &
A couple more samples of custom DSP.

Your choices are endless, you could heat emboss a whole sheet or just some images
you could add glitter.
The only restriction is your imagination.
You can now use your custom "DSP" to add your unique twist to your creations.

I hope this tutorial inspires you to create something new and use something you already own.
I would love to see what you come up with.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...